Monday, May 13, 2013

Get to Reading!



Can you feel it coming? Ready or not its quickly approaching and if your anything like me..You must be prepared. I have to have a game plan. 

I'm stuck in this middle spot where I have no concrete feelings about summer yet.

On one side I see fun days spent at the pool, little or no schedule, vacations, grilling out with friends, bumming boat rides to the lake with friends, tan legs, pool days that count as baths most nights and big tomatoes slathered with mayo. 

Then on the other side I see little or no schedule, scorching hot days that force you inside, snakes, my attempt to keep those tomatoes alive and my lead role as referee.

Here's one thing I know. I must limit my screen time during all of this free time. So here's some books I'm reading and I would love for you to join me! A book club of sorts...



Cleaning House:  A Mom’s Twelve-Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement 
by Kay Wills Wyma

A Disruptive Faith: Expect God to Disrupt Your Life
by A.W. Tozer

Orphan Justice: How to Care for Orphans Beyond Adoption 
by Johnny Carr

Subversive Kingdom: Living as Agents of GospelTransformation
by Ed Stetzer

Freefall to Fly: A Breathtaking Journey Toward a Life of Meaning
by Rebekah Lyons

Unconditional Love: Radical Love, Real People  
by Ben Stroup

Compelled: Living the Mission of God 
by Ed Stetzer & Phillip Nation

Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy 
by Eric Metaxas


I've realized in my old age of 30 that when you stop reading you stop learning. Let's keep our minds sharp and our hearts open. I hope you will join me and hopefully we can do a bit of discussion about the books listed above. 

Peace Ya'll











No comments:

Post a Comment